HOW TO PLAY DOMINOES
Did you know that it's one of THE most popular board games across the islands? And for a good reason - it's simple but addictive when you get into it. A proper game of Caribbean dominoes is loud, fun and playful - and of course is often accompanied by a little rum.
You can guarantee the winner will be cheering and boasting; taunting opponents is encouraged and dominoes are slammed hard onto the table - sometimes so hard they fly off the table.
We've opted for a more gentle version for our how-to video (see below) so you can see how it all works, but we encourage you to start slamming - it's all part of the fun!
YOU WILL NEED
Just a set of dominoes and 2 - 4 players (it can be played with more players - you can just double up into teams). Rum is optional! For proper island vibes, why not try your hand at a Reggae Rum Punch to go alongside your game?
- Put all the tiles face down on the table. Give them a good mix up!
- Each player draws 7 tiles for their hand. Set them up on their sides facing you - don't show anyone else!
- Put the remaining tiles to one side, face down.
- Youngest player can start by putting any tile face up in the middle
- The next player has to put down a tile that matches either of the numbers on their partner's tile
- Tiles are placed short end to short end - unless, you've got a double number. The double numbers are put down the other way round (long-end to short-end).
- Blank tiles are just like blanks tiles in scrabble - they can be anything you want!
- You can put a tile at either side of the domino trail!
- If you can't go, you have to pick up from the spare pile!
- The winner of the game is the one who uses up their hand first - but you need to win 6 games to be declared the overall winner!