Who else is feeling the cold this winter? 🥶
Our secret to keeping warm this winter is aromatic curries like our vegan Jamaican Rundown and Curry Goat - they are perfect for getting us through these winter months and bringing some Caribbean sunshine.
We wanted to add a Christmas twist to our famous Caribbean curries, so we asked Chef Collin to come up with a totally festive, warming recipe.
Meet our tasty turkey stew: juicy turkey, slowly braised in browning and a mix of herbs, spices and tomatoes for a rich, aromatic stew. Sounds delicious, right?!
Of course, we're going to share it with you so you can recreate it at home to impress your friends and family!
So, what do you need?
- 20ml oil
- 150g white onion
- 150g tomato
- 3ml gravy browning
- 4g fresh thyme
- 12g sugar
- 4g salt
- 5g all-purpose seasoning
- 100ml water
- 1kg cooked turkey
- Dice the onion and chop your tomatoes
- Sweat onions, tomatoes, gravy browning, fresh thyme, sugar, salt and all-purpose seasoning.
- Cook for 5 minutes then add cooked turkey. Stir and simmer for 5 minutes .
- Add water and cook for 20 minutes.
- Serve it with some rice & peas and charred cherry tomatoes for the perfect Caribbean-inspired dinner to keep you warm this winter.