PSSTT.... We're gonna let you in on a little secret.... our roti breads are actually really easy to make at home (WAY easier than sourdough) and PERFECT for mopping up curries.
YOU WILL NEED
- 120g of self-raising flour
- 70ml warm water
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp salt
- Simply add the salt & oil to the flour & then gradually add the warm water, mixing as you go. You might not need all the water, you're looking for the dough to stick together so you can knead it, so not be too wet and sticky!
- We definitely recommend putting a good tune on for this next bit!!
- Once the mixture forms a ball, tip it out onto a floured surface and knead it for 5 minutes.
- Let the dough stand for 30 mins if you can. Perfect time to mix up a cocktail if you ask us!
- Divide the dough into 4 - 6 smaller balls and roll each out using a rolling pin. Get them as thin as you can but don't worry about them being perfectly round!!!!
- To cook them, simply fry one at a time in a non-stick pan, preheated with a tiny bit of oil.
Of course, we like to char ours on our jerk pit grills - you can get the same effect from a BBQ, so maybe something to try again in the summer!
And if you're looking for a curry to mop up, check out our vegan Curry Aubergine recipe!